Monday, September 7, 2009

More from Swat

(Sent to Madihah Akhter)

My Dear Big sister,

Thanks a lot for your kind response. It is pleasing to know that my mail is circulated with other volunteers. Meeha baji and I discussed throu phone about admissions in university. Let us see what happens. Kindly imagine that I am just waiting for admission in university as I have passed F.Sc exam while girls college in swat is only open in papers and physical presence of students and teachers is negligible.
Thanks for putting the e mail in the blog section. I will share the survey results and will student answer sheets of other questions as well.

Yesterday I hold an exclusive meeting with the teachers of the said school and discussed to initiate some learning by doing tactics and extra curricular activities, that may refresh the students on the one hand and to learn some thing good on the other. Interest of teachers as well as students in attending the school and to deliver the goods efficiently, is raising.

Shajar I Ilm initiative in this school is paving ways towards many other interventions. A teacher promised to call her relative Psychologist to attend the school for at least once in a week for counseling of traumatized kids. While floating the idea of BIG Sister here, some houses in the school is also in the making. Each senior class student will own at least 5-7 junior class students as their
younger sisters and they will keep eye and watch on their activities and will also guide them in their problems.

Different houses are also being formed. SHAJAR I ILM house will be the leading or umbrella house while other houses like HOPE House, FAITH house, PEACE house, UNITY house of different age groups are suggested, that will start work with in two three days. Each house will demonstrate their work in the pretext of their house name.
Activities like competition in games; cooking, discussions, acting and funs will be embarked upon. Each house will be controlled by a house mistress, coupled with a student coordinator who will mutually coordinate the activities within.

Similarly many things other are being planned. A sport day on next Friday is also scheduled. Will try to get photographs of events and to circulate.

What I dream is to wonder you all here in this school to inaugurate the first ever model school of Shajar I ilm. This is my target, being confident to achieve that as I am not alone.

In case of my admission in university, I will keep eye and watch on all the stuff on monthly basis and local volunteers will be assigned the responsibility for smooth flow of work and to share all events with me. My father will also take care of now and then.

Kindly guide, circulate and upload to website..

Regards and wishes,
Shandana

No comments:

Post a Comment