Sunday, September 6, 2009

After the retreat - Shandana's Initiative

(Text of email sent to Madihah Akhter)

Dear Big Sister,

Hope you are easy and relaxed after a well organized unique event that was not only productive, energizing but refreshing and entertaining too. Many thanks.

You will be pleased to know that I have started work on similar lines here in my village Govt Girls High School. From September, 01, 2009, I have started attending the school to share with school's girls, the things that we learnt in the retreat. We exchange jokes, discuss the ongoing situation and how to deal in difficult situations that we are confronting since previous two and half years. Pleasing was the fact that the morale of the students went quite comfortable as a result of positive conversation.

I with the help of my father developed a questioner survey carrying 10 questions, to see observe the level of understanding of the students and the effects of war on their minds, studies and physiques. Along with this some easy questions in urdu were also distributed, they are supposed to answer, that will determine the power of critical thinking, that is the most important missing link in our day to day life that no doubt also contribute in the ongoing mess. Few of the questions are as under.

Why you lift the village?

Where you spent the time after displacement?

How was the treatment of your host with you?

What you observed while leaving your valley?

What were your feelings when you were told of going back to your home?

What did you saw while on the way back to home?

What lesson did you learnt from this historical displacement, good and bad?

What is our responsibility to manage ourselves, such catastrophe may not happen again?

What else you would like to say about ?

The above questioners will be collected in a week time and its contents will be shared with you accordingly. I am of the opinion that Shajaar I Ilm may declare this School as its model and to facilitate the students to get quality education locally. The deficiency can be found out and how to cope with that will be outlined with the help of local people and me as well. I will extend my all possible efforts and energies to forward the cause of Shajar I ilam, whose volunteers have energized and equipped me to a level that I find my self quite comfortable to bring positive change.

Hope you will guide and encourage me in doing so. All my efforts and all my endeavors is no doubt a credit that goes to SHAJAR I ILM.

Regards,

Yours Sister

Shandana from the land of Curfew

No comments:

Post a Comment