Thursday, August 27, 2009

Getting to Islamabad




Reshma Aziz

Our school timing was over and we were going home. I was in the gate of the school that suddenly a little student came to me and said that Miss Maryam is calling you. So I went to the office of Miss Maryam and she told me about your program. We were three friends there at the time and we were quite excited but was worried that would our parents give us permission. I came home, told my parents and they gave me permission. I can’t describe in words my happiness at the time.

Before joining you people, i was worried that how you people will be and how will I adjust with you people but I could hardly wait because this is our first journey with friends. When we arrived here we were very tired but when we met you people you refreshed us and we were happy. When we were celebrating 14th of August and the band was here with us, we enjoyed a lot. As we celebrated 14th of August here I could not even imagine celebrating it like this at my home.

*********************************************

Nazli Akbar

On 14th August when I was leaving home I was very happy but there was a kind of suspense. I was thinking that all the people will be new for me and I would not feel easy. But when I arrived at my school and met with my friends I forgot all the worries. In the coach we sang national songs and shouted with joy. But as Islamabad was coming near I was feeling that I’m going to some frightful place. When we arrived at Islamabad and all the volunteers welcomed us I thought myself a very big personality. I was not believing that someone will give us such respect. On the first day when we were having our lunch I was feeling so much shy, I was not looking up to the people. Then when the volunteers talked to us in such a friendly manner I was very happy. I liked all the volunteers but among them Myra is the best, especially her smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment